Prime rib is the most premium cut of beef. This is the restaurant-quality cut of the beef and is not easily affordable by common people. According to a survey, one pound of prime rib costs $17. Who would like to risk ruining the perfectly cooked prime rib if one does not know how to cook it? In the following article, we get to know about How to cook prime rib? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
It is so expensive that this beef cut is bigger, better, and juicier. This is why it is sold at a good price which normal residents do not commonly afford. But do not confuse yourself between a prime rib and ribeye. They, however, come from the same cut of beef, but the difference lies in the cooking style. Therefore it is advised not to intermix the individuality of the two different cuts.
Some people ruin their prime rib by cutting it into steak pieces. This is to be noted that this particular meat portion is extremely rich in fats and is very juicy. When you cut it, it loses the juice present to keep it tender, and it gets hard as rubber upon cooking. Also, all the flavour is present in the juice; therefore, before butchering it, keep in mind that you will lose all the flavour and tenderness present in it.
How to cook it?
- Take a pound of prime rib and take it out from the refrigerator an hour before the cooking process so that it may reach room temperature.
- Then you will have to season the prime rib with some salt and cover it with a transparent plastic sheet to rest it.
- Make a mixture of salt and pepper and fresh herbs like rosemary, oregano and thyme.
- Mix it in 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Now add 2 crushed cloves of garlic to the oil mixture.
- So, now rub it thoroughly on the prime rib so that the mixture gets fully immersed in it.
- Now comes the time of roasting the beef. Put the piece in a cast iron pan or roasting rack.
- Cook it on high flame for about 15 minutes and lower the flame.
- Let it cook for a good 30 minutes.
- Then remove it from the stove or the roasting rack. Keep it aside for the resting phase.
- Then cut the prime rib into pieces and enjoy eating it.
Also read: how to make onion rings.